Beer Style: Classic American Pilsner (2C)
Recipe Type: extract
Yield: 5 US gallons
Redish Pilsnor/Lager. Tastes alot like Sam Adams Boston Lager.
1. Pour two gallons of spring water into large pot. Put the crushed grains into steeping bags and
place in the pot. Heat to 160 - 170 degrees and steep for twenty minutes. (DO NOT BOIL GRAINS)
Remove grains after twenty minutes and discard them.
2. Heat the brewpot to boiling. Add the malt extract and the dry malt extract. Stir constantly
until pot returns to a boil. Add bittering hops. Boil for 55 minutes, stiring occasionaly. Then add
finishing hops and boil for an additional 5 minutes.
3. Cool wart rapidly to 70 degress.
4. Add wart to fermenter and fill to the top with 3 gallons spring water.
5. Pitch yeast and ferment in cool space. ( could take several days for yeast to start working)
6. Prime and bottle as usual.
Source: Curtis Wray
Beer Kits make 5 gallons of quality homebrew and includes: instructions, freshly-milled malted barley, extract, muslin steeping bag(s), brewer's yeast, hops, carbonation sugar and 60 easy-peel labels. All-Grain kits do not include steeping bag(s) or extract.Buy the Kit