We provide beer recipes and other content to you for free. Instead of charging you, we charge our advertisers. Without ads, we will not survive. Beerrecipes.org has been supporting homebrewers since 2002 with quality beer recipes, style guides and other content. Please help us continue by switching off your ad blocker. Learn more...
Beer Style: Common Cider
Recipe Type: other
Yield: 5 US gallons
This makes a light apple cider/wine (3% by volume), but it is crisp and delicious when well chilled. For more kick, go to a recipe which adds honey and brown sugar to the juice (1/2 pound each to a gallon of juice).
1. Reserve 1 cup of juice (put back after fermenting)
2. Add yeast and shake (pitch)
3. Airlock and leave at room temperature
4. Fermentation will last 2 to 3 days in warm weather
5. Put in frig for 1 or two days
6. Rack and prime bottles with 1 teaspoon of sugar or corn syrup
7. Drink or lay it down