Beer Style: Sweet Stout (13B)
Recipe Type: partial mash
Yield: 5 US gallons
Chocolate cream stout with a hint of peanut butter flavor.
1. Mash all grains at 165-170 degrees F for 1 hour
2. Turn off heat and mix in LME and lactose. Bring to boil after incorporated
3. Add in hops and boil for 60 minutes
4. Chill wort to 90 degrees F and transfer to primary
5. Sprinkle yeast. Do not stir. seal with airlock and ferment for 1 week
6. After a week, put peanut butter in sterilized secondary carboy and transfer beer
7. Let it sit for 5 days
8. Add cocoa nibs. Let it sit for another 5 days
9. Boil priming sugar in 3/4 cup of water for 10 minutes. Pour priming sugar mixture in bottling bucket and transfer beer. Mix carefully, not allowing splashing for bubbles. Beer is ready to bottle. Let it age for at least 4 weeks. The longer the better.