We provide beer recipes and other content to you for free. Instead of charging you, we charge our advertisers. Without ads, we will not survive. Beerrecipes.org has been supporting homebrewers since 2002 with quality beer recipes, style guides and other content. Please help us continue by switching off your ad blocker. Learn more...
Beer Style: American IPA
Recipe Type: extract
Yield: 5 US gallons
In Pre-production, I'll let ya know, shood be hoppy!!!!
1. Steep grains in hop bag with 3.0 gal of water for 30 min @ 155 deg
2. Remove grains and bring to boil
3. Add liquid extract, Brown Sugar, Corn Syrup, Honey and Maltodextrin.
- - - - - - - -Begin 60 minute boil- - - - - - - -
4. Add 1oz Amarillo Hops
5. At 50 minutes add .5oz Amarillo Hops
6. At 40 minutes add .5oz Simcoe Hops
7. At 30 minutes add .5oz Cascade Hops
8. At 20 minutes add .5oz Amarillo Hops and 1tsp of Irish Moss
9. At 10 minutes add .5oz Warrior Hops
10. At 0 minutes add .5oz Amarillo Hops
11. Combine wort with water to make 5 gal
12. Pitch yeast when wort temp is between 70-80 deg
13. Ferment for 12-16 days
15. If you can; let age at least 1 month
Source: John Henderson