We provide beer recipes and other content to you for free. Instead of charging you, we charge our advertisers. Without ads, we will not survive. Beerrecipes.org has been supporting homebrewers since 2002 with quality beer recipes, style guides and other content. Please help us continue by switching off your ad blocker. Learn more...
Beer Style: Fruit Beer
Recipe Type: partial mash
Yield: 5 US gallons
This American Strawberry Blonde Brew has a little twist to it. This recipe has been in my stash for a while (4 yrs)! Its a really good and easy strawberry RED Ale that everyone keeps telling me to brew more. I have made 20 (yes 20) batches of this recipe. Try it and let me know what yall think! Enjoy
- Bring 3 gallons of water to 170*
- Steep Carapils and barley in grain Bag for 20 min
- add 2 gallons, bring to light boil
- add LME
- Return to heat, bring to light boil, start hops as listed above
- Cool to 55f to 60f transfer to fermenter
- Top up to 5 gallons
- Add yeast
- primary in a dark place for 7 days (leave it alone please)
- then transfer to secondary for another 7days
- when secondary is done, add 4oz. of strawberry fruit flavoring (extract) and give it a stir. Let sit for about 1 day then time to bottle.
- After bottling, put bottles in a dark place @ 69f to 75f for 30 days
- Now it time to chill those beers and then enjoy with your best friends. Best friends because its that good.
-All mine turn out about 6-7% Alcohol and good
Source: Donnie Petty