Back to Blog List
Summer Ale Beer Bread
📅 Wednesday Aug 31 2016 📂 Beer and Food
This summer ale beer bread has hints of lemon and pepper. No kneading required, ready in under an hour! Get this easy-to-follow recipe from…
- 1 tsp Lemon, zest
- 16 oz All-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Butter, unsalted
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Ale beer, Summer
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with softened butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, pepper, and zest.
- Carefully pour the beer into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. The dough will be thick and sticky. Transfer the dough into the prepared loaf pan. Evenly drizzle the melted butter over the top of the batter and then bake until golden on top, approximately 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
Original Post: www.savorysimple.net/summer-ale-beer-bread/ Back to Blog List